CareFlight of the Rockies
Western Colorado and surrounding regions.
The A Star
CareFlight of the Rockies' helicopters transport multi trauma and medical patients from scenes, clinics, and hospitals to tertiary care. Also provides search and assist support to regional search and rescue teams.
- Operates in a 250-300 mile radius of Grand Junction and Montrose, serving western Colorado and eastern Utah
- Carries one patient and two medical professionals
- Can access remote areas and varied terrain
- Designed to operate in high-altitude enviroments with a cruising air speed of 140 miles per hour
- CareFlight operates two helicopters. One is based at Rifle Airport in Rifle, CO and the second is based at Montrose Memorial Hospital in Montrose, CO